A Professional In-Home Measurement for Carpet From Baltimore Floor Works Is Indispensable
Baltimore Floor Works’ in-home measurement service for carpet ensures an accurate estimate and a surprise-free installation. Since 1995, Baltimore Floor Works has fitted fine flooring in Carrol, Montgomery and Howard counties in Maryland, and Adams County and Hanover in Pennsylvania. Along the way, we have proven repeatedly that an accurate in-home measurement results in saving our customers money and time.
One way of measuring rooms is to eyeball the space, come up with a number, and then add on a chunk – just to be sure. In a best-case scenario, there will be yards and yards of left over carpet, wasting a chunk of your money. The worst-case scenario is not having enough carpet, requiring expensive express delivery of more carpet, and/or rescheduling the installation. The savings reaped by a professional measurement are more than dollars and cents when you factor in the aggravation and inconvenience created by a lack of the most basic measurement principles.
What to expect from an in-home measurement for carpeting
- First things first, decide where you want the new carpeting
- Schedule the in-home measurement appointment at your convenience
- You can come to our showroom before or after your space is measured; you’ll have a better idea of what carpeting fits your budget after the measuring
- For the measurement appointment, our measurement tech will come out to your house, arriving on time; he will need access to the spaces to be measured
- Don’t worry about cleaning, we’re not inspectors, so tidy is wonderful
- Measuring goes beyond floors, any areas where the height of the carpet could impede function; for example are the doors able to swing freely with the new carpet, if there is a potential glitch we will advise you how to remedy the issue
- While the tech is on-site, he will check out access for the installation crew; if you are in a gated or secure community, he will ask you to arrange for passes for delivery trucks and crew transportation
After in-home carpet measurement
When the tech returns to the showroom, he will draw up a detailed plan that takes into consideration:
- Where the seam and joins will be the least conspicuous
- How will the carpet’s nap be oriented
The use of the space and foot traffic through it
With the final amount of carpeting calculated courtesy of the in home measurement, you will be able to select the carpet you love that is kind to your budget. Call us or stop by our showroom in Westminster, MD to schedule your free in-home measurement for your carpet today.